Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lady A and Things to Ask Swanny

Hi! I must start at the beginning of the story here. Once upon a time, there was a little girl at girls camp. She was feeling a little lonely, as the rest of her friends had gone to the giant slip-in-slide in the freezing weather, and the little girl didn't want to turn into an ice cube. Anyways, all of Lady A's friends had ditched her too, and she was also lonely. So, Lady A invited the little girl into her A-frame and they had a cuddle puddle with Lady A's teddy bear blanket.
Moral of the story: Lady A + The Little Girl = Best-est Friends :)

Moving on.... So yesterday, on the way to the roller skating thing, Lady A and I were discussing Band Stuff that confuses our brains. (She plays Tenor Saxaphone, I play Flute) Yes, we are band geeks and spend our time discussing music theory.... (Speaking of which, there's a band concert Tuesday at the high school at 7:00. You should come!) So, I got stuck with a list of questions to ask Swanny.

Swanny- Swanny is my band teacher. He's pretty cool. He loves football and angry birds. Whenever a note comes from the office, he will stab it with his baton, and than hand the baton to whom ever the note is for. He's a little on the crazy side, but he's a great musician. Oh! And yes, we call him Swanny in class.

So, in closing I must ask Swanny the following things tomorrow:
-what does a teepee accent mean? Is it the same as a regular accent? Or does it mean something different?
-Why are different instruments in different keys? For example, a tenor sax is in the key of B flat, while flute and piano are in the key of C...
-About Pit for the spring musical coming up.

Anyways... So yes, I am a band geek :)
Have a great Sunday!

~The little girl <3

P.S. Ahhh! I'm speaking in the assembly tomorrow at the high school (in front of almost 2,000 people...)!!!! Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment