Kay, so you know how they (They as in teachers and springboard and state-wide tests) always ask us to write dumb essays about overcoming challenges in our lives? I finally have a story to write about. Needed this years ago. Anyways...
So I am in the Pit (The small orchestra that sits in the pit below/in front of the stage) for my high school's The Sound Of Music. I play flute and piccolo. There are two flute/picc parts in the orchestra, and the senior got the 1st part, with many solos and important melody. Me, being a freshman, got the 2nd part, with lots of harmony. Well... an hour before the Saturday performance, the band teacher (Swanny) found me and said: "Hey, um... Elle is sick, so you're going to have to play both parts today. Go get your music and we'll use the next few minutes to figure out what you're going to play." I started freaking out. She had quite a few solos and stuff, and I was going to basically have to sightread 75% of the songs. In front of 300 people. Scary much? I think yes. So, after about 7 minutes of practice time, the musical started. But I got through it. Actually, I did quite well. Got a lot of compliments afterward. And that's my story :)
Have a great day!
-Sarah Anne
P.S. You should all come to the musical. Like really. It's this next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment